Tuesday, June 30, 2009

2nd day of school

Apparently, I am an elementary student in French!
Yesterday, the first day of school, we got orally tested and also did a written test. Today I was placed in A2 class, which is probably a below intermediate class. I have 4 classmates: 2 irish girls, 1 dutch, and 1 swedish. All of them are in high school! Jesus....
But having done some group work with a couple of girls, and had some discussion in class, I realize what the difference between me and them is. I probably was like that too when I was in high school...laid back, not trying very hard to do the very best, passive, etc....
It was actually quite frustrating in the group work because the 2 girls I was with really just wanted to get it over with and go to the beach. But why were they there? I have no idea. Probably their mom and dad paid for the thing and just asked them to go, so they go. Anyway...it was alright overall... time will tell...but I won't let time have a lot of time to tell.

After that, walking here, I found out a pick-up line I have never heard before: "be careful... you are getting red" as in "be careful, you are about to get a sun burn but what the heck, I am gonna talk to you outside for a long time anyway".

This guy started talking to me in French and some English after he realized I am not the best french speaker ever. He wanted to get my number and go for a coffee right there and then, but I told him I was busy going to use the internet and that I have no phone to call him or for him to call. Finally, I took his email address and chatted a bit more, and said goodbye. God bless the internet. It's such a great thing to just get someone's address and then decide later on if I should write or not...Well...I probably won't, but I might. He said he lives in Cannes...so if I do need a guide, just in case. But hey, I don't think I will need a guide if I can make it there on my own. so... tough luck.

Now I am thinking if I should join some of the school activities or not. So far, I seem to be the only asian there, one of the only few people who are not in high school or just out of high school. I really wonder if I can get along with all these people.

The Swedish girl in the class seems pretty interesting. She is curious about everything. The dutch guy also...but not sure yet. Will see... if she keeps up being so interested in everything I have to say, maybe I will get her to go to Eze on thursday... The guy in charge of the activity says this is a nice village and they will visit a perfume factory where you can purchase perfume for a discounted price. Sounds attractive.

Lovely day again. After some surfing, gonna go lie on the beach! My stomach still feels weird ><

No comments: