Thursday, July 09, 2009

First dive in Nice!

Today I went for a dive for the first time in Nice, and in Europe!
It was also the first time I went without my honey, so I was a bit unsure of things at first.
I set up everything by myself, and interestingly, the bottles in France often have 2 openings, for people who want to put two sets of regulators apparently...or for some reason like that.
At the end, I was paired up with a German guy called Martin, who has Advanced open water, but has done fewer dives than me. Good buddy cuz he really made sure I was around during the whole dive, but I think it was also because there really wasn't much to see.

The only most amazing thing was this 2 feet long yellow/blue spotted eel like fish. Other than that, there wasn't much color, aside from a couple of small purple jellyfish at the surface, and some tiny blue fish at the bottom. There were no corals...
But to show that I was actually diving in Europe, there was a cross with Jesus on it! It seems like a part of a cathedral that fell in there, but maybe it was placed there on purpose.

I was thinking of doing one more dive today, but after seeing what was there, I gave up. At least for today. Plus the water was cold! about 19 degrees!

Beautiful day though.

No comments: